27 December 2009

Adventure to Saddle Saloon

My good friend Pookie called me yesterday and we debated forever on what bar we should visit. It's Christmas break, so alot of people are out of town...so downtown was out of the question. We were thinking smaller establishments and dives. I put a big fat no on Black and Gold and Jakes. Not in the mood. We hung up for further thinking. Well, Trumans, The Zou, The Duece, and Southside. Nah. Not in the mood for that either. What about Cody's? I had already had my fill of Cody's Saloon last weekend- which will probably last me for the rest of the year. Pookie called and mentioned the Saddle Saloon in Booneville. Never been. Lets do it. It was a fun time. Alot like Cody's but with a slice of class. And smoke. agh. I hate smokey bars. I asked the house DJ if he had any Randy Rogers Band or Ragweed- guess those were top notch requests because he bought me 4 shots of cabo tequila. He also played me some Britney and Lady Gaga. They get a B+ from me. Waaaaay better than Cody's....just wish there was a no smoking ordinance.

No comments:

Post a Comment