24 December 2009

JCOOP's Top 5 Como Dining

1. Murrys
Murrys is the best. By far my favorite restaurant. All of thier desserts are homemade and to die for. I'm not a big fan of desserts, but it's totally worth it. The black beast cheesecake is a masterpiece. The steak sandwhich has got to be one of the best deals in Columbia. This perfect, thick and juicy slab is a total steal. On friday nights I think they break out some live jazz and the baby grand piano. Off Greenmeadows
2. The Jazz
This little bourbon street themed joint is the best little cajun kitchen in the mid-west. Live jazz and their killer bloody marys would send a Louisana man up stream. Try the coon ass chicken! Off Forum onto Cherry hill
3. Wise Guys Pizza
Best pizza in Columbia. It kicks the shit out of Shakespeares. Inside McNallys across from police station
4. Willies
The burgers here are phenomenal, get the big kahuna! Off Broadway.
5. Shiloh Bar and Grill
The ribs and the steak sandwhich are awesome. My personal favorite is the chicken salad sandwhich. The homemade chips are great leftovers too! Shiloh by far has the best service because the kitchen has the fastest running system I've ever noticed. Off Broadway

So what are the worst?! Well in my opinion...(which is always correct)...

1)Buffalo Wild Wings
Worst service in the fucking world. If you're lucky they wont do a shitty job on your food. Yet I keep going...well because...they have the NFL ticket. And their bartenders make awesome top shelf long islands.
2)The Sub Shop
Lets just say I threw up for days. There is a possibility that I ingested human secretions.

4 comments:

  1. Cmon scoop, shiloh? There are about a hundred places better...flatbranch, addisons, Bangkok gardens, the great wall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now B-muscle. I love Shiloh's service because that kitchen is organized as shit. Service is a big deal to me. Flatbranch f*cked up when they put horseradish in my premium bloody mary. It tasted like straight up coctail sauce...and the sandwhich I had involved old meat. I honestly can say I've never been to Addisons. Bangkok gardens? Ya...its ok. Not within the top five though. Go to Shiloh and order yourself a chicken salad sandwich. mmmmmm. The great wall...lets just say that the new HyVee chinese kicks every single chinese buffet in Columbia in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Hy-Vee chinese ain't real chinese, not gritty enough. And they don't have the grill in the back or the soft-serve ice cream machine. I'm a fan of Shiloh to watch a ball game, and they have good wings, but it's barely even a restaurant, much less in the top 5. Also, if we're talking real restaurants you need to try Chris McD's, McKenzie's and CC City Broiler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me? I never go to Shiloh to drink. I go there to eat. The drinks are well overpriced and the bar staff sucks total ASS unless your lucky enough to get Dexter, Hunter, Andy or Audrey. I like to go there to watch a game and eat. I literally have never ate anything bad there and yes, the wings are awesome. Like I said- the food is very good...and you'll never get hung up waiting on it. Never been to CC City Broiler, but I heard it was amazing steak. Now how am I supposed to rate something I've only heard about? No clue what Chris McD's is...McKenzie's must be new...but sounds related to Addison's. I can tell you that Sophias blows. Never eating there again. So seriously? Until I expand my wallet to throw down at these extra places, my top five is including Shiloh.

    ReplyDelete